In Guillermo del Toro’s 2006 film Pan’s Labyrinth (El Laberinto del Fauno), a Faun guides the film’s protagonist, Ofelia, to a series of tasks, which lead her to a wondrous netherworld.
The Faun appears when the fairy leads Ofelia into the labyrinth, where she meets him. The Faun believes her to be Princess Moanna, and gives her three tasks to complete before the full moon to ensure that her “essence is intact.”
The Faun has a goatlike appearance with ram-like horns and milky eyes. According to Guillermo del Toro, the Faun is “a creature that is neither good or evil….like nature….a character there to be witness and shepherd her (Ofelia) in her rite of passage, but he has no agenda. He doesn’t care if she dies or lives.”
Creature-suit actor extraordinaire Doug Jones plays both the Pale Man and the Faun in this moving tale of the human struggle. He captures the fear and pathos of both characters, his talents truly shining through his performance.
Elite Creature Collectibles is proud to present our museum-quality Faun maquette from Guillermo del Toroís film Pan’s Labyrinth. The maquette was art directed by sculptor Steve Wang and del Toro to very fine details.
· Approximately 23.6 inches (600mm) in height.
· Approximately 15.7 inches (400mm) in width
· Approximately 15.7 inches (400mm) in depth
· Cast in high-quality resin with hand-painted details
· Real hair and handmade glass eyes
· Messenger bag, 3 elves and accessories matching silver-screen details
· Attractive totem-themed display base with frog
· Each Certificate of Authenticity is signed by Master Sculptor Miyo Nakamura
· Estimated Shipping date: 2021 Q4.
· Limited in production to 299 pieces worldwide!